PS116K COVID 19 Information
Welcome to PS116K - The Elizabeth Farrell COVID - 19 Information Page. Here you’ll find critical information about how PS116 K is responding to this Pandemic and the changes we are making to our daily operation to reduce the risk of the COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
For Live updates from the DOE, Check out The DOE's Return to School Family and Student Information Sessions.
We will begin the school year in September with a hybrid learning schedule. That means that your child will be in school some days and working from home some days. If our county moves into a Level 4 Health Emergency, we will switch to 100% remote learning for all students. Check this page for updates.
As of August 3, 2020, The most popular Hybrid Learning Model based on Parent Return to School Survey is as follows:
- Group A will be in school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and every other Monday. They will be working remotely from home Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Group B will be in school on Thursdays, Fridays and every other Monday. They will be working remotely from home Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Group D will be working from home remotely all days (Monday to Friday).
- If you need to switch your child's in-school learning days, .... (check back here for updated information)
At any time of year, for any reason, families can choose fully remote learning for your child. This means they would learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). Remote learning includes live interaction with teachers every day, and every class includes live instruction. To choose fully remote learning for your child, fill out and submit this form - Learning Preference Survey or call 311.
- You will be notified as soon as your child Learning schedule is ready..
When the school year begins, we want to make sure we can contact parents quickly and effectively to share information, including about confirmed COVID-19 cases in schools. Please have parents s sign up for a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA) so we can contact them via phone, email, or text message.
The NYCSA account can also help parents find your child’s grades, test scores, schedules, transportation information, and more— from anywhere, and in all nine standard DOE language translations. Encourage parents to keep their contact information up to date, so we can get in touch with them in the event of an emergency. Parents can sign up here schools.nyc.gov/nycsa. It only takes five minutes!